Step By Step tutorial to change WordPress Admin Password
This is tutorial and contains the steps to change your admin password when you lose access to WordPress Admin panel.
You can do it in two ways:
OPTION 1: Using forgot password option
This is so simple, just click on forgot password option on your WordPress login page, and fill up your email id or username to get password reset link at your registered email address.’
OPTION 2 : By changing your MySQL database.
If your WordPress blog has been hacked and the hacker has changed registered email address for your username then the previous option cannot be used. In this case follow these steps to reset your WordPress Admin Password.
- First of all you need to go to your hosting control panel. (most of the cases it’s cPanel)
- Now go to phpmyadmin
- Open the database used for your WordPress blog
- Open structure of that database
- Now in this section search for wp_users (If you use custom database prefix then change wp with yours one)
- now open the table and search for your username and click on edit
- Now on “user_pass” field change the function to MD5 and type your new password
- you can also change your username.
- Now click on Save
- You are done
- Now login with your username and new Password at WordPress Dashboard.
I think you enjoyed this step by step WordPress Admin Password tutorial. If you are facing any kinds problem while doing this, then let me know in the comment section.