AdSense Vs. Chitika
There are a never-ending debate in ad publishers that among Chitika and AdSense which publishing network is better for monetization of a blog.In this post I will try to sort out advantages and disadvantages of both ad publishing network Chitika and AdSense.So lets start by comparing both network one by one.
Advantages of Chitika
- Low threshold of $10 for cash out which is easily achievable small publishers
- No fear of getting your account banned (Like AdSense)
- Very fast payment is possible through PayPal.
- Easy support
- More sizes of ad slots like 550 x 336 or 550 x 90 slots which are really useful.
- You can put unlimited no of ads in a single page.
- Picture in Each ad
- Affiliate program
Get started with Chitika now
Disadvantages of Chitika
- Competitively less amount of advertisers
- Doesn’t work well outside US and Canada
Advantages of AdSense
- Lots of Advertisers
- Graphics and Image ads
- Link unit
- Pays more than others
- Relevant to your content ads
Get started with AdSense now
Disadvantages of AdSense
- Famous for disabling Publisher account sometimes without any valid reason
- Very strict policy, which is some times hard to follow
- Official Support is unreachable.
- You will never know how much you are being paid for a particular click.
- Very high Cashout threshold ($100) which sometime takes years for small publishers.
- AdSense only gives your around 68% of total earning and takes massive 32%
- Non Availability of PayPal payment processor, so payment process takes long time (around 45 days) through standard check.
- AdSense provides only a limited no, of ad sizes
- you can only put at most 3 ad slots per page.
AdSense or Chitika, which one to use?
Up to this we have seen different advantages and disadvantages of both Chitika and AdSense.I have used both of these networks in all of my blogs ( I have a network of 7 blogs) and seen performance of both.There are three different situation for being in dilemma
If you have US and Canada oriented traffic then Both AdSense and Chitika will perform well (AdSense slightly better than Chitika), so in this case you can use any one of them.
But if you don’t have US and Canada oriented traffic, and most of your traffic comes from all around the world then at that case AdSense performs far better than Chitika, I will suggest you to use AdSense for this situation.
The third situation is if your AdSense account is Disabled.AdSense is famous for disabling accounts of innocent publishers some time without any valid reason.At this case I will recommend you to use Chitika instead of any other AdSense alternative CPC network as Chitika is the second best option in overall performance.
Share your experience as a publisher in both Chitika and AdSense publishing network.